Thursday, October 1, 2020
SEARCH THE WEB!
ALICE IN WONDERLAND
MAD COW DISEASE
BLUE MAN GROUP
LI'L RED HEN
NET MEDIA TUNER
HA HA LOUNGE
What if the Little Red Hen got what she asked for?
What if the dog, the cat and the duck in the story of the little red hen had done what Red asked them to do? After all, each was competent to perform the requested task.
Imagine that Little Red, as manager, required the animals to perform the various duties she wanted done on the farm ...
What does Little Red get when she ignores her peoples' talents and discourages them from doing what they love? Let's look at the results in our story when Red gets the behaviors she thought she wanted:
1) She lost a strong and loyal dog and now must spend more time and more money on protecting and planting crops.
2) Rodents are taking over much of the remaining crop since the cat left.
3) Two chicks have been killed.
4) One chick left because she was afraid.
5) The two remaining chicks are overworked and unhappy.
6) The duck is still on the farm because he doesn't have anywhere to go, and Red is probably stuck with him on the payroll because she didn't get rid of him at his six-month evaluation. He retired but didn't tell anyone!
7) Little Red, having lost the backbone of her workforce, is so tired and worried about how to staff the farm that she can't cluck out another egg even though the farm depends on her for new young talent.
8.) The bread still isn't made!
RED HEN REVISITED
A corporate fairy tale By Jack Allen, Jr.